|Avg. house price:|
|Avg. condo price:|
|Avg. land price:|
Devon is a town in the province of Alberta, Canada, situated 26 kilometres (16 mi) southwest of Edmonton, the provincial capital, and located along the banks of the North Saskatchewan River.
Devon owes its existence to one of the largest oil discoveries in the world. On 1947 February 13, the Imperial Leduc #1 well struck oil, and the new town of Devon was constructed shortly thereafter by Imperial Oil to accommodate its workers. The company was determined that the town would be well-planned, and Devon holds the distinction of being the first Canadian community to be approved by a regional planning commission. The oil industry remains a major player in the town's business sector, though the economy has diversified to include tourism, manufacturing, and research.
Devon is named after the Devonian formation (the strata tapped in the Leduc #1 oil well), which in turn is named for Devon county, England.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Town of Devon recorded a population of 6,578 living in 2,415 of its 2,493 total private dwellings, a 1% change from its 2011 population of 6,515. With a land area of 14.3 km2 (5.5 sq mi), it had a population density of 460.0/km2 (1,191.4/sq mi) in 2016.
The population of the Town of Devon according to its 2014 municipal census is 6,650, a 1.8% change from its 2009 municipal census population of 6,534.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Devon had a population of 6,510 living in 2,387 of its 2,471 total dwellings, a 4% change from its 2006 adjusted population of 6,261. With a land area of 11.72 km2 (4.53 sq mi), it had a population density of 555.5/km2 (1,438.6/sq mi) in 2011.
The Town of Devon is a member of the Leduc-Nisku Economic Development Association, an economic development partnership that markets Alberta's International Region in proximity to the Edmonton International Airport.
Devon is amply served by schools, community services such as the Devon General Hospital, and recreational facilities. It is only ten minutes away from the Edmonton International Airport, and is close to major rail routes and highways. It is located close to a motor sports park, a bird sanctuary, a botanical garden (the Devonian Gardens), and a number of other attractions to residents and visitors. Devon and area is popular with cyclists, as it has a good network of paved country roads, as well as unpaved mountain bike trails, and has hosted high level cycling events such as Canada's 2010 National Road Championships.
- Devon Christian School
- Holy Spirit Catholic School
- John Maland High School
- Riverview Middle School
- Robina Baker Elementary
Devon is the sister city to Grimma, Germany. in 2008, a group of students and dignitaries from Devon travelled to Grimma to perform in an international music festival. In 2010, members of the Grimma Jugendblasorchester (Youth Orchestra) travelled to Devon to perform and to tour Alberta.
*Source - Wikipedia
Devon, Alberta - listings for sale
108 WESTBROOK Drive in Edmonton: Zone 16 House for sale : MLS®# E4134510$8,500,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Sally Munro of Century 21 Platinum Realty
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 14,025 sq. ft.1,303 m2A classic English brick Manor stands ready for those who demand the finest. On a coveted .79 acre ravine lot in Westbrook Estates on the pointe, synonymous with pride, prestige & privacy. 19,500 sq ft custom design built timeless estate surrounded by nature, resonates timeless traditions and all the refinements for gracious living. A generational estate excels for entertaining. 14,025 sq ft above grade plus 5478 sq ft walk out basement with indoor pool and hot tub. From it unique main floor design it excels for formal and informal entertaining. A Chef inspired kitchen fully equipped for large or small gatherings. Formal living, dining and family room, butler's pantry, exceptional details, crown mouldings, imported tiles, exceptional upper floor master retreat, large additional bedrooms designed as luxury suites, elevator, the basement level dedicated to entertaining, special private locker room, media room, fully equipped bar, rec room, wine room, upgraded mechanical, security systems. Reward yourself! More details
16 WINDERMERE Drive in Edmonton: Zone 56 House for sale : MLS®# E4133366$7,788,800Single FamilyCourtesy of Mani Bagga of Royal Lepage Noralta Real Estate
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 8,813 sq. ft.819 m2Located on an exquisitely landscaped 0.9 acre gated lot, you will find this stunning grand estate which offers 12, 890 SF of finished living space. The quality of materials, finishing touches and the workmanship make this truly one of South Edmonton's finest homes. Open the door to prestige and elegance with 20 ft rotunda lit by a custom chandelier. The open floor plan dramatizes the versatile interior. The gourmet kitchen has 2 granite islands, Redl cabinetry & filled w/ Miele/Sub Zero appliances. Find handcrafted Italian glass throughout, along with custom crown moulding & railings/gates designed by Slavo Cech. Spectacular rear sun rm overlooks the private gardens and grounds & gives direct access to 6 person spa. Retreat to the luxurious Master w/sitting area, walk in closet & ensuite, 5 add bdrms & nanny/guest suite offer onsite living. Bsmnt holds theatre rm, game rm, built in bar, memorabilia rm, wine cellar and ample entertaining space. Once you see it, you will never allow someone else to buy it! More details
5664 Windermere Boulevard in Edmonton: Zone 56 Vacant Lot for sale : MLS®# E4124329$6,900,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Brian R Vane of NOW Real Estate Group and Mark A Friesen of Coldwell Banker Venture Realty
- MLS® Num:
- E4124329Want peace and quiet, close to golf course and major shopping district. Take a look at this 30+ acre parcel in Windermere. Build your dream home with City of Edmonton planning permission. Zoning bylaw 12800 (AG) sub section 14240 Single family detached housing is one of the permitted uses, or discretionary uses. More details
0: Rural Leduc County Rural Land/Vacant Lot for sale : MLS®# E3394860$6,000,000Rural Land/Vacant LotCourtesy of Harold C Schmidt of Realty Executives North Star
- MLS® Num:
- E339486080 Acres +/-, Currently AG land borders City Of Leduc. Future zoning reference to " Northwwest Saunders Lake Area Structure Plan". Any structures/buildings/fencing on site of no value. More details
20821 9 Avenue in Edmonton: Zone 57 House for sale : MLS®# E4132705$5,500,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Aron T Scraba of Sterling Real Estate
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,075 sq. ft.193 m2Once in a lifetime opportunity to own a private Equestrian Facility located within the city limits in the desirable southwest corner of Edmonton. Close to all amenities, the airport, golf courses, ski hill, Currents of Windermere, schools, rec centers and fully set up for all equestrian disciplines. The home on the property is a charming craftsman with 4 bedrooms and attached two car garage. Outdoor group and private paddocks, outdoor sand arena, huge cover-all arena, two separate stables with 48 10' x 12' indoor stalls with mats, indoor heated arena, wash racks, cross ties, tack lockers, kitchen and washrooms. The property is 30 pristine acres near the river valley - rezoning for future residential subdivision. More details