|Avg. house price:|
|Avg. condo price:|
|Avg. land price:|
Devon is a town in the province of Alberta, Canada, situated 26 kilometres (16 mi) southwest of Edmonton, the provincial capital, and located along the banks of the North Saskatchewan River.
Devon owes its existence to one of the largest oil discoveries in the world. On 1947 February 13, the Imperial Leduc #1 well struck oil, and the new town of Devon was constructed shortly thereafter by Imperial Oil to accommodate its workers. The company was determined that the town would be well-planned, and Devon holds the distinction of being the first Canadian community to be approved by a regional planning commission. The oil industry remains a major player in the town's business sector, though the economy has diversified to include tourism, manufacturing, and research.
Devon is named after the Devonian formation (the strata tapped in the Leduc #1 oil well), which in turn is named for Devon county, England.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Town of Devon recorded a population of 6,578 living in 2,415 of its 2,493 total private dwellings, a 1% change from its 2011 population of 6,515. With a land area of 14.3 km2 (5.5 sq mi), it had a population density of 460.0/km2 (1,191.4/sq mi) in 2016.
The population of the Town of Devon according to its 2014 municipal census is 6,650, a 1.8% change from its 2009 municipal census population of 6,534.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Devon had a population of 6,510 living in 2,387 of its 2,471 total dwellings, a 4% change from its 2006 adjusted population of 6,261. With a land area of 11.72 km2 (4.53 sq mi), it had a population density of 555.5/km2 (1,438.6/sq mi) in 2011.
The Town of Devon is a member of the Leduc-Nisku Economic Development Association, an economic development partnership that markets Alberta's International Region in proximity to the Edmonton International Airport.
Devon is amply served by schools, community services such as the Devon General Hospital, and recreational facilities. It is only ten minutes away from the Edmonton International Airport, and is close to major rail routes and highways. It is located close to a motor sports park, a bird sanctuary, a botanical garden (the Devonian Gardens), and a number of other attractions to residents and visitors. Devon and area is popular with cyclists, as it has a good network of paved country roads, as well as unpaved mountain bike trails, and has hosted high level cycling events such as Canada's 2010 National Road Championships.
- Devon Christian School
- Holy Spirit Catholic School
- John Maland High School
- Riverview Middle School
- Robina Baker Elementary
Devon is the sister city to Grimma, Germany. in 2008, a group of students and dignitaries from Devon travelled to Grimma to perform in an international music festival. In 2010, members of the Grimma Jugendblasorchester (Youth Orchestra) travelled to Devon to perform and to tour Alberta.
*Source - Wikipedia
Devon, Alberta - listings for sale
16 WINDERMERE Drive in Edmonton: Zone 56 House for sale : MLS®# E4190317
16 WINDERMERE Drive Zone 56 Edmonton T6W 0S2$6,499,900Single FamilyCourtesy of Ron Dickson of Sotheby's International Realty Canada
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 8,598 sq. ft.799 m2Your best life begins with a home that inspires you. Edmonton’s Magnum Opus , A Heredity Homes Masterpiece. Luxury and Opulence is the superlative portrayal. Grande entry by McMow Art Glass- Florida, Granite Imported from Portugal, German REDL cabinetry, DURAVET, HANSGROHE and blown glass bathroom fixtures, Slavo Cech metal railings, OXIDIZED copper wall feature, Art designed sushi bar, Wenge HWD from the Congo in Africa, IMPORTED Italian glass tile, CHANDELIERS Imported from renowned Artists. TOP GRADE kitchen paraphernalia - Miele/SubZero, exterior METAL fence and private gate designed and shipped from Poland to accent the lush gardens - total landscaping investment of $1M DOLLARS incl 4 fire features. 2 THEATRES, sports memorabilia room, ELEVATOR, EXTRAVAGANT outdoor living space w/ heaters, roll shutters and screens. PKG for 6 cars. 5 A/C units, RADIANT heat, 6 gas fireplaces, Fully integrated home automation, 8 bathrooms, fully self contained nanny suite. Truly a Majestic Jewel. More details
5664 Windermere Boulevard in Edmonton: Zone 56 Vacant Lot for sale : MLS®# E4193582
5664 Windermere Boulevard Zone 56 Edmonton T6W 2Z8$4,900,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Brian R Vane of NOW Real Estate Group
- MLS® Num:
- E4193582Want peace and quiet, close to golf course and major shopping district. Take a look at this 30+ acre parcel in Windermere. Build your dream home with City of Edmonton planning permission. Zoning bylaw 12800 (AG) sub section 14240 Single family detached housing is one of the permitted uses, or discretionary uses. More details
236 WINDERMERE Drive in Edmonton: Zone 56 House for sale : MLS®# E4219919
236 WINDERMERE Drive Zone 56 Edmonton T6W 0S4$4,785,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Ron Dickson of Sotheby's International Realty Canada
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,689 sq. ft.343 m2Your best life begins with a home that inspires you. This is the H house; designed by renowned architect Jim Wensley. Approximately 6500 SQFT of continuous living space. This jewel took over 3 years to compose. The owner set out to create a story from the inside out, transparency, verticality and a sense of entry with no budget. The end goal: form must follow function. Every detail In this majestic masterpiece was intentional, staying consistent with the materials throughout. The theme was to bring the outdoors into every room of this fine estate. Hand selected Fir from Sooke BC, Italian Walnut, Wenge from the Congo in Africa, vertically sawn Cedar, travertine tile imported from Turkey and Axor kitchen and bath fittings. The owner's father, also a designer, personally hand crafted every exterior door handle so as to put a bow onto the very last detail. Everything was hand assembled on site. This perfect realm was graded below street level and set back to create true privacy. For the discerning buyer. More details
16820 41 Avenue in Edmonton: Zone 56 Vacant Lot for sale : MLS®# E4233025
16820 41 Avenue Zone 56 Edmonton T6W 1A6$3,750,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Lynne M Gullion of MaxWell Polaris
- MLS® Num:
- E4233025EXCEPTIONAL SW EDMONTON LAND SALE! 17.27 acres more or less located in SW-Edmonton’s Windermere at 16820-41 Av SW. Adjacent to massive park/creek-within both the Windermere Area Structure Plan (ASP) and the Glenridding Ravine Neighbourhood Structure Plan (NSP). Selling LAND VALUE-ONLY-buildings are sold-as-is/where-is-basis-no-building-warranty-or-value. Rental income of $1800/per month for home/buildings. Zoned AG. MUST have appointment to show property. Minutes to QEII, International AIRPORT, PREMIUM OUTLETS, AMAZON, schools, shopping, three golf courses. EXCEPTIONAL INVESTMENT opportunity More details
17604 45 Avenue in Edmonton: Zone 20 Vacant Lot for sale : MLS®# E4235551
17604 45 Avenue Zone 20 Edmonton T6H 4N3$3,498,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Sally Munro of Century 21 Masters
- MLS® Num:
- E4235551IMAGINE, CREATE & DESIGN YOUR VERY OWN ESTATE & CHOOSE THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS DONSDALE RIVERFRONT ESTATE LOT TO CREATE YOUR MASTERPIECE. LOCATION, LOCATION. 2.87 acres on the North Saskatchewan River. A gated estate, a once in a lifetime dream home large enough for any family. It's the perfect time to think of building your estate today. Potentially it could be subdivided into 2 lots, or could be rezoned for future redevelopment or a great holding property. With river lots a disappearing commodity & the demand of luxury estates increasing, this is the perfect idyllic serene strategic location to create a generational estate. Edmonton's premier West End executive estate area. Quiet, secure, exclusive. Over 300 feet of river frontage. Absolutely spectacular, take the drive to 17604-45 Avenue with exceptional access to Anthony Henday, and access to all amenities including the airport, shopping, great schools & more, it makes this the only choice. Definitely a great investment in the future timeless! More details