|Avg. house price:|
|Avg. condo price:|
|Avg. land price:|
Devon is a town in the province of Alberta, Canada, situated 26 kilometres (16 mi) southwest of Edmonton, the provincial capital, and located along the banks of the North Saskatchewan River.
Devon owes its existence to one of the largest oil discoveries in the world. On 1947 February 13, the Imperial Leduc #1 well struck oil, and the new town of Devon was constructed shortly thereafter by Imperial Oil to accommodate its workers. The company was determined that the town would be well-planned, and Devon holds the distinction of being the first Canadian community to be approved by a regional planning commission. The oil industry remains a major player in the town's business sector, though the economy has diversified to include tourism, manufacturing, and research.
Devon is named after the Devonian formation (the strata tapped in the Leduc #1 oil well), which in turn is named for Devon county, England.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Town of Devon recorded a population of 6,578 living in 2,415 of its 2,493 total private dwellings, a 1% change from its 2011 population of 6,515. With a land area of 14.3 km2 (5.5 sq mi), it had a population density of 460.0/km2 (1,191.4/sq mi) in 2016.
The population of the Town of Devon according to its 2014 municipal census is 6,650, a 1.8% change from its 2009 municipal census population of 6,534.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Devon had a population of 6,510 living in 2,387 of its 2,471 total dwellings, a 4% change from its 2006 adjusted population of 6,261. With a land area of 11.72 km2 (4.53 sq mi), it had a population density of 555.5/km2 (1,438.6/sq mi) in 2011.
The Town of Devon is a member of the Leduc-Nisku Economic Development Association, an economic development partnership that markets Alberta's International Region in proximity to the Edmonton International Airport.
Devon is amply served by schools, community services such as the Devon General Hospital, and recreational facilities. It is only ten minutes away from the Edmonton International Airport, and is close to major rail routes and highways. It is located close to a motor sports park, a bird sanctuary, a botanical garden (the Devonian Gardens), and a number of other attractions to residents and visitors. Devon and area is popular with cyclists, as it has a good network of paved country roads, as well as unpaved mountain bike trails, and has hosted high level cycling events such as Canada's 2010 National Road Championships.
- Devon Christian School
- Holy Spirit Catholic School
- John Maland High School
- Riverview Middle School
- Robina Baker Elementary
Devon is the sister city to Grimma, Germany. in 2008, a group of students and dignitaries from Devon travelled to Grimma to perform in an international music festival. In 2010, members of the Grimma Jugendblasorchester (Youth Orchestra) travelled to Devon to perform and to tour Alberta.
*Source - Wikipedia
Devon, Alberta - listings for sale
24543 TWP502: Rural Leduc County Rural Land/Vacant Lot for sale : MLS®# E4307256
24543 TWP502 Rural Leduc County Rural Leduc County N0N 0N0$8,800,000Rural Land/Vacant LotCourtesy of Chi Hung Tam of Century 21 Signature Realty
- MLS® Num:
- E4307256This parcel of 39.54 Acre farmland is designated by the Leduc County as a commercial / light industrial zone in the municipal area plan, waiting for the re-zoning application to suit your land use purpose. Situated on the main Airport Road and about 5.2 kilometer going all straight to the Edmonton international airport, the land is close to the nearby Costco, Casino, Racecourse, Premium Outlet Collection Edmonton, hotels, RV storage, light industry/businesses, you name it. This land is within the imminent next phase development and the potential is immense. Come take a look and you wont be disappointed. More details
16 WINDERMERE Drive in Edmonton: Zone 56 House for sale : MLS®# E4297142
16 WINDERMERE Drive Zone 56 Edmonton T6W 0S2$6,200,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Ron Dickson of Sotheby's International Realty Canada
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 8,598 sq. ft.799 m2Your best life begins with a home that inspires you. Edmonton’s Magnum Opus , A Heredity Homes Masterpiece. Luxury and Opulence is the superlative portrayal. Grande entry by McMow Art Glass- Florida, Granite Imported from Portugal, German REDL cabinetry, DURAVET, HANSGROHE and blown glass bathroom fixtures, Slavo Cech metal railings, OXIDIZED copper wall feature, Art designed sushi bar, Wenge HWD from the Congo in Africa, IMPORTED Italian glass tile, CHANDELIERS Imported from renowned Artists. TOP GRADE kitchen paraphernalia - Miele/SubZero, exterior METAL fence and private gate designed and shipped from Poland to accent the lush gardens - total landscaping investment of $1M DOLLARS incl 4 fire features. 1 THEATRES, sports memorabilia room, ELEVATOR, EXTRAVAGANT outdoor living space w/ heaters, roll shutters and screens. PKG for 6 cars. 5 A/C units, RADIANT heat, 6 gas fireplaces, Fully integrated home automation, 8 bathrooms, fully self contained nanny suite. Truly a Majestic Jewel. More details
20821 9 Avenue in Edmonton: Zone 57 House for sale : MLS®# E4271646
20821 9 Avenue Zone 57 Edmonton T6M 2N9$5,400,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Aron T Scraba of Latitude Real Estate Group
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,075 sq. ft.193 m2Once in a lifetime opportunity to own a private Equestrian Facility located within the city limits in the desirable southwest corner of Edmonton. Close to all amenities, the airport, golf courses, ski hill, Currents of Windermere, schools, rec centers and fully set up for all equestrian disciplines. The home on the property is a craftsman style 2 story with 4 bedrooms and attached two car garage. Outdoor group and private paddocks, outdoor sand arena, huge heated cover-all arena, two separate stables with 48 10' x 12' indoor stalls with mats, indoor heated arena, wash racks, cross ties, tack lockers, kitchen and washrooms. The property is 30 pristine acres near the river valley - the land has been approved for future residential development under the River View Area Structure Plan bylaw. More details
14 3466 KESWICK Boulevard in Edmonton: Zone 56 Condo for sale : MLS®# E4267167
14 3466 KESWICK Boulevard Zone 56 Edmonton T6W 3S4$5,299,900CondoCourtesy of Ryan B Debler of Sotheby's International Realty Canada
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 9,281 sq. ft.862 m2The most spectacular setting in Edmonton, The Banks at Hendriks Pointe. Comprising a few select homes inside a gated community. This architectural masterpiece presents nearly 15,000 sqft of intricate modern design that spans across 3 levels and is completed with a panoramic roof deck, all of which are connected by a private elevator. Every aspect of this home is well-appointed with thoughtful detail and craftsmanship. Experience soaring two story views from either of the 2 formal living rooms. The chef’s space features high-end appliances and a large centre island + separate spice kitchen.The upper level features 4 bedroom suites, each with their own walk-in closet, full ensuites, and private balconies. Inside the owners retreat no expense was spared. Incredible river views from the balcony as well as a walk-in closet that will far exceed your expectations. The lower level features a gym, theatre room, 6th bedroom suite, and expansive living rooms + multiple walkouts to lower patio. More details
16820 41 Avenue in Edmonton: Zone 56 Vacant Lot/Land for sale : MLS®# E4307800
16820 41 Avenue Zone 56 Edmonton T6W 1A6$3,750,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Tyler J Ellis of Realty ONE Group Metro
- MLS® Num:
- E4307800CALLING ALL INVESTORS!!! This incredibly versatile land in SW Edmonton sits at 17.27 acres and has great potential! Basis conversations with the City of Edmonton, medium (or low) density zoning would likely be approved by Council to promote the City’s vision of higher density. This includes a potential stand alone medium density multifamily site. Located at 16820-41 Ave, the Property overlooks Edmonton’s stunning Whitemud Creek to the east and Edmonton’s future park to the north. The Property is located in the prestigious Windermere Area Structure Plan & the Glenridding Ravine Neighborhood Structure Plan. Selling LAND VALUE-ONLY- buildings are sold as is/where is basis -no building warranty or value. You are within minutes of incredible amenities and access. Including the QE 2, Edmonton International airport, Amazon, schools, multiple golf courses and all kinds of shopping. Please note that just south of this property is 2.79 acres that can be purchased. More details