|Avg. house price:|
|Avg. condo price:|
|Avg. land price:|
Devon is a town in the province of Alberta, Canada, situated 26 kilometres (16 mi) southwest of Edmonton, the provincial capital, and located along the banks of the North Saskatchewan River.
Devon owes its existence to one of the largest oil discoveries in the world. On 1947 February 13, the Imperial Leduc #1 well struck oil, and the new town of Devon was constructed shortly thereafter by Imperial Oil to accommodate its workers. The company was determined that the town would be well-planned, and Devon holds the distinction of being the first Canadian community to be approved by a regional planning commission. The oil industry remains a major player in the town's business sector, though the economy has diversified to include tourism, manufacturing, and research.
Devon is named after the Devonian formation (the strata tapped in the Leduc #1 oil well), which in turn is named for Devon county, England.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Town of Devon recorded a population of 6,578 living in 2,415 of its 2,493 total private dwellings, a 1% change from its 2011 population of 6,515. With a land area of 14.3 km2 (5.5 sq mi), it had a population density of 460.0/km2 (1,191.4/sq mi) in 2016.
The population of the Town of Devon according to its 2014 municipal census is 6,650, a 1.8% change from its 2009 municipal census population of 6,534.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Devon had a population of 6,510 living in 2,387 of its 2,471 total dwellings, a 4% change from its 2006 adjusted population of 6,261. With a land area of 11.72 km2 (4.53 sq mi), it had a population density of 555.5/km2 (1,438.6/sq mi) in 2011.
The Town of Devon is a member of the Leduc-Nisku Economic Development Association, an economic development partnership that markets Alberta's International Region in proximity to the Edmonton International Airport.
Devon is amply served by schools, community services such as the Devon General Hospital, and recreational facilities. It is only ten minutes away from the Edmonton International Airport, and is close to major rail routes and highways. It is located close to a motor sports park, a bird sanctuary, a botanical garden (the Devonian Gardens), and a number of other attractions to residents and visitors. Devon and area is popular with cyclists, as it has a good network of paved country roads, as well as unpaved mountain bike trails, and has hosted high level cycling events such as Canada's 2010 National Road Championships.
- Devon Christian School
- Holy Spirit Catholic School
- John Maland High School
- Riverview Middle School
- Robina Baker Elementary
Devon is the sister city to Grimma, Germany. in 2008, a group of students and dignitaries from Devon travelled to Grimma to perform in an international music festival. In 2010, members of the Grimma Jugendblasorchester (Youth Orchestra) travelled to Devon to perform and to tour Alberta.
*Source - Wikipedia
Devon, Alberta - listings for sale
16 WINDERMERE Drive in Edmonton: Zone 56 House for sale : MLS®# E4247011
16 WINDERMERE Drive Zone 56 Edmonton T6W 0S2$6,499,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Ron Dickson of Sotheby's International Realty Canada
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 8,598 sq. ft.799 m2Your best life begins with a home that inspires you. Edmonton’s Magnum Opus , A Heredity Homes Masterpiece. Luxury and Opulence is the superlative portrayal. Grande entry by McMow Art Glass- Florida, Granite Imported from Portugal, German REDL cabinetry, DURAVET, HANSGROHE and blown glass bathroom fixtures, Slavo Cech metal railings, OXIDIZED copper wall feature, Art designed sushi bar, Wenge HWD from the Congo in Africa, IMPORTED Italian glass tile, CHANDELIERS Imported from renowned Artists. TOP GRADE kitchen paraphernalia - Miele/SubZero, exterior METAL fence and private gate designed and shipped from Poland to accent the lush gardens - total landscaping investment of $1M DOLLARS incl 4 fire features. 1 THEATRES, sports memorabilia room, ELEVATOR, EXTRAVAGANT outdoor living space w/ heaters, roll shutters and screens. PKG for 6 cars. 5 A/C units, RADIANT heat, 6 gas fireplaces, Fully integrated home automation, 8 bathrooms, fully self contained nanny suite. Truly a Majestic Jewel. More details
27023 TWP RD 511: Rural Parkland County House for sale : MLS®# E4242869
27023 TWP RD 511 Rural Parkland County Rural Parkland County T7Y 1G8$4,500,000Country ResidentialCourtesy of John A Connor of RE/MAX Excellence
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 6,566 sq. ft.610 m2Excellent LOCATION and LARGE BUILDINGS for Equestrian Center or Inside Storage Center or Rural Museum or Car/RV Storage or Indoor Recreation Center. Large Executive Home in a private setting in trees overlooking a 6 acre pond all professionally landscaped and well maintained. There is a second residence on the property plus a comfortable supervisory suite in the fully serviced R/V Storage building. The property includes a 70'x150' Barn Arena, a 70'x200' Arena, a fully serviced 40'x60' Workshop plus other large storage buildings. Plus large Grain Handling & Drying and storage bins. All Buildings and the home are less then 18 years old and have been well maintained. All of this only 20 minutes from west Edmonton or about the same to the International Airport. More details
23 WEDGEWOOD Crescent in Edmonton: Zone 20 House for sale : MLS®# E4244205
23 WEDGEWOOD Crescent Zone 20 Edmonton T6M 2N4$4,320,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Kevin H Rakowski of Vice Realty Ltd
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,456 sq. ft.321 m223 WEDGEWOOD CRESCENT, the address says it all. Experience the feel of a luxury acreage estate in the heart of the City. This gated property offers the most in privacy & security. No walking paths behind this home, just the natural raw beauty of 1.3 acres backing South directly onto Wedgwood Ravine. Built by Stellar Homes; the luxury estate builder behind some of Edmonton & Area's most prominent residences. Nothing but the utmost in quality, built to last for many generations. Sprawling bungalow with 6,890 sq/ft of living space features 10 & 12 ft ceilings, 3 bedrooms + den, stunning views, walk-out basement, swim-spa, sauna, & gym. 6 car garage (could fit 10+ with lifts) includes a 49ft motorhome bay & shop. Luxury details such as Renaissance Rumford f/p, heated floors in basement & garage, & high end appliance (Sub Zero, Mielie, BlueStar, Fisher Paykel & Electrolux). West-End location offers easy access to all amenities, great schools, ravine/river valley, & major roadways. More details
51515 RGE RD 261: Rural Parkland County Rural Land/Vacant Lot for sale : MLS®# E4241230
51515 RGE RD 261 Rural Parkland County Rural Parkland County T7Y 1B3$3,950,000Rural Land/Vacant LotCourtesy of Ron G Pollock of RE/MAX Excellence
- MLS® Num:
- E4241230160 acres 1 mile west of Edmonton. Great open land suitable for specialty market gardens or hobby farm as a holding property until further development ideas are chosen. The owners would consider dividing the property into 2-80 acre parcels for a multiple buyer offer. From this property it is a very short drive into west Edmonton or onto the Anthony Henday via the new Maskekosihk Trail connection at Cameron Heights. Many future opportunities with this prime location. More details
17604 45 Avenue in Edmonton: Zone 20 Vacant Lot for sale : MLS®# E4235551
17604 45 Avenue Zone 20 Edmonton T6H 4N3$3,498,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Sally Munro of Century 21 Masters
- MLS® Num:
- E4235551IMAGINE, CREATE & DESIGN YOUR VERY OWN ESTATE & CHOOSE THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS DONSDALE RIVERFRONT ESTATE LOT TO CREATE YOUR MASTERPIECE. LOCATION, LOCATION. 2.87 acres on the North Saskatchewan River. A gated estate, a once in a lifetime dream home large enough for any family. It's the perfect time to think of building your estate today. Potentially it could be subdivided into 2 lots, or could be rezoned for future redevelopment or a great holding property. With river lots a disappearing commodity & the demand of luxury estates increasing, this is the perfect idyllic serene strategic location to create a generational estate. Edmonton's premier West End executive estate area. Quiet, secure, exclusive. Over 300 feet of river frontage. Absolutely spectacular, take the drive to 17604-45 Avenue with exceptional access to Anthony Henday, and access to all amenities including the airport, shopping, great schools & more, it makes this the only choice. Definitely a great investment in the future timeless! More details