Our Leadership Team is monitoring this situation very closely and are here to support you any way we can. As many of our REALTORS are already used to working from home or remotely, we are here to support. We care about our communities and have Agents all over the city, so if you're in need of any support reach out to us and we'll do our best to find an Agent in your location that can help.
We are open for business under these adjusted changes to normal operation. Our Agents are equipped with e-signature and video software tools, to allow for virtual meetings and document signing.
November 25, 2020 Update Below
- All client interactions are by appointment only
- No public open houses (per AREA announcement, applicable to all Alberta REALTORS®)
- We encourage touchless options for deposits when possible. We provide EFT, wire, etransfers and deposit at any TD branch location. Contact Conveyancing Dept for details or questions.
- Use key boxes for possession day key release when possible
June 5, 2020 Update Below
Open Houses Relaunch Plan
Stage 1: Limited Open Houses (June 5)
- Poster – Stage 1 COVID-19 Open House Protocol Notice [Blue / White]
- Open houses are permitted in vacant properties.
- Open houses viewings should be limited to one or two members within the same family group in the property at one time.
Stage 2: Conditional Open Houses (June 12 to current)
- Poster – Stage 2 COVID-19 Open House Protocol Notice
- Open houses are permitted in all properties.
- Open house viewings should be limited to one family group in the property at a time.
Stage 3: Open Houses Resume (TBD)
- Poster – Stage 3 COVID-19 Open House Protocol Notice
- Open houses are permitted in all properties.
- Open house viewings should be limited to fewer than 15 people in the property at a time.
May 12, 2020 Update - Re-Opening Phased Plan
- Increasing our sanitization frequency at our locations
- Tues May 19, 2020 our South location will be open with full time reception M-F, 9am-5pm
- Aiming to be open to the public May 25, 2020 (subject to change)
- Contact your RE/MAX River City REALTOR® with any other questions you have
- Thank you to all of our staff, REALTORS®, industry colleagues and clients for doing their part to stop the spread.
- Find the full 4 phase plan details here
- We are following the recommendations in the Government of Alberta Guidance for Businesses.
March 18, 2020 Update Below
- The majority of our administrative staff have been moved to work from home virtually. We ask for your patience and understanding as such when making requests.
- South & Beaumont office locations are closed to the public as of Wed March 18, 2020 until further notice.
- Old Strathcona location at 10326 81 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 1X2 will remain open to clients and industry colleagues, open M-F 9am-5pm. In alignment with government recommendations, we will turn away any Associate, outside REALTOR or client who shows signs of illness. We are actively disinfecting all touch points as well.
- We do NOT allow in person holding open houses until further notice. UPDATE - as of March 23, AREA officially banned any public open houses in the province of Alberta. We still offer virtual open house options and Facebook Live open house events.
- If you are over 65 years of age or immunocompromised we will not allow any showings at this time if you reside in the property. There are various options available to you that your REALTOR® can discuss.
- Our Associates will discuss implications with all clients and get their informed consent on how to proceed. See the below links for checklists and specifically the RECA information for conversations with Buyers & Sellers at this time: https://www.reca.ca/consumers/property-considerations/covid-19-for-real-estate-consumers/
- Deposits on real estate transactions:
- We encourage clients to utilize wire transfer from their financial institution or deposit directly to our trust account at TD - you can contact your RE/MAX River City REALTOR® or our staff to assist with sending you the instructions and form. 780-439-7000
- You may want to discuss with all parties the option of having deposits due at or after final condition removal. This serves to minimize the number of times you need to go to the bank and interact with our team as well.
- The drop safe is available at Old Strathcona location at 10326-81 Avenue, Edmonton, AB. T6E1X2. Ensure that you include on the envelope:
- the property address
- our REALTORS® name who is part of our office
- their outside REALTOR’S name and phone number
- Your email address if you'd like to receive a copy
- We will have envelopes and a reminder sign.
- Update from TD Bank on availability and hours. Be sure to contact your branch to confirm when they are open. LINK
Stay happy and healthy
Please watch the video below for a full update.
A friendly reminder for all our mental health at this time too
- Listen to music that makes you happy
- Watch uplifting TV/Movies about the strength of the human spirit
- Pick up the phone or even better use video calls - Connect with your family, loved ones and neighbours.
- Exercise - there are plenty of great at home workouts, or get outdoors for a walk or run in nature. There’s plenty of room for social distancing while still getting fresh air and a healthy sweat.
- Eat Healthy - good food fuels our bodies and our minds, plus helps our body’s fight of infection.
- Isolate yourself emotionally
- Scroll social media too much
- Watch the media too much
- Focus on extreme worst case scenarios
- Forget that project you’ve been putting off until you “had the time”… well you have time now. Focus on accomplishing something that will make you feel great and bring you joy. Plus focus on something positive.
Tips for working from home
For Those With Kids