Edmonton Public Schools
The mission of Edmonton Public Schools, as an advocate of choice, is to ensure that all students achieve success in their individual programs of study.
It is the belief of Edmonton Public Schools that parents, students and community members are committed as partners and accept their respective responsibilities in education.
The mission is being accomplished through exemplary staff performance, program diversity, measured student achievement of outcomes and decentralized decision making.
Our diverse programs of study support our mission statement by giving parents and students different paths to achieve academic and personal success. Choice is the foundation of our district's approach to education. Edmonton Public Schools is recognized internationally for offering the curriculum in ways that complement the unique backgrounds and talents of our students. Alternative programs are developed based on feedback from parents and the community. We will continue to expand our spectrum of programs wherever it will support and foster student achievement.
We believe that the "one size fits all" model of education is no longer appropriate in today's rapidly evolving society. Children have different learning styles and some achieve better in certain environments. Edmonton Public Schools is making a strong statement about our ability to address and meet the changing needs of students.
Implemented more than two decades ago, Edmonton Public Schools created its revolutionary open boundary system. This allows parents and students to pursue educational programming study in a learning environment of their choice.
Find a School at www.epsb.ca/schools/findaschool/
Edmonton Catholic schools
To provide a Catholic education which inspires and prepares students to learn, to work, to live fully, and to serve God in one another.
- Love of the Creator
- Faith in Jesus Christ
- Hope from the Holy Spirit
- the parents and guardians of our students
- the educational mission of the Church
- the Alberta Ministry of Learning
- That each person is created in the image and likeness of God
- In the goodness, dignity, and worth of each person
- That all learn and develop their gifts
- That Catholic education includes spiritual growth and fulfillment
- That Catholic education is a shared responsibility in which parents have a primary role
- That Christ is our model and teacher
- In building Christ-centered communities for service to one another
- In celebrating and witnessing to our faith in truth and in life; holiness and grace; justice, love, and peace
- That learning is a life-long journey
- That all have rights, roles and responsibilities for which they are accountable
- In making the world a better place in which to live
Edmonton Catholic Schools delivers the curriculum of Alberta Education to students within a Christ-centred learning community.
There is emphasis on the centrality of a strong learning and teaching focus within a Catholic context resulting in the optimizing of human potential for students in our trust.
Our community is a team of the school, home and parish working together. We offer our students a message of hope and growth; living Christian values of faith, hope and charity; respect and compassion; and present the teachings of the Catholic Church.
The Edmonton Catholic Schools experience is more than academic achievement. Christ's teachings inspire our staff to see each child as a precious gift and a sacred responsibility. This is reflected in everything we do ensuring the best learning possible for the children entrusted in our care.
Home Page www.ecsd.net/about.html
Find a school at www.ecsd.net/schools/school_directory.html